Make This Macadamia, Pumpkin Seed And Fudge Protein Bar Recipe
Fuel your muscles with this nutty delight.
Eating a protein bar is one of the most convenient ways to ensure your muscles get the fuel they need to rebuild after a tough workout. There’s no mixing, shaking or cooking required – you just unwrap and chow down.
However, these bars can be quite pricy and they’re not always the most palatable of snacks, with some doing a fine job of approximating both the taste and texture of cardboard.
This combination of nuts, seeds, oats, dates and protein powder is a winning one, packing in 13g protein per serving for just 220 calories.
Macadamia and Pumpkin Seed Bar With Protein Fudge Recipe
Ingredients (makes four servings)
- 1 Scoop chocolate protein powder
- 3tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 3tbsp macadamia nuts
- 3tbsp oats
- 1tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp (45ml) almond milk
- 6-7 pitted dates
- To make the fudge heat the almond butter and the almond milk in a microwave for 40sec, then mix in the protein powder with a fork. Once it’s soft and dough-like pop it in the freezer for 40min. Put the macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, oats and dates into a food processor and blend until they form a slightly sticky paste that can hold its shape.
- Add one or two more dates, or some almond butter, to the mix if it’s not sticking (this will raise the calorie count). Spread the nut mixture out in a small, square baking tray, pressing it into all corners.
- Grab your fudge from the freezer, roll it out, and then place it over and gently press it into the nut mixture.
- Put the whole shebang into the fridge for a few hours until it’s good and cold, then cut it into bar shapes.
Written by Nick Harris-Fry for Coach and legally licensed through the Matcha publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.